Only women bleed..but men suffer hormonal disturbances, too, you know.
I can attest to that. I live with males. Have male friends. And have talked at length recently with friends, honest talk, about marriage and men.
Again, there is the assumption that women are hormonal but men are moved more by logic. But the truth is men are as hormonally driven as women. In fact, men have a number of hormonal cycles:
1) Men’s testosterone, for instance, varies and goes up and down four or five times an hour.
2) There are daily cycles with testosterone being higher in the morning and lower at night.
3) Men have a monthly hormonal cycle that is unique to each man, but men can actually track their moods and recognize they are related to hormonal changes through the month.
4) We know that there are seasonal cycles with testosterone higher in November and lower in April.
5) We know about hormonal cycles with males during adolescence, but also the years between 40 and 55 have what we call male menopause or andropause.
6) Finally, we know there are hormonal changes in men going through Irritable Male Syndrome, related to stress in a man’s life.
“What we’ve found is that one of the primary symptoms is denial. That is, men think the problem is anywhere other than in themselves.”
Irritable Male Syndrome