I’ve been tagged by my friend Ruth
Would you like to be tagged? If so, consider yourself tagged!
1. Where/How did you meet? At university – I thought someone was following me one night, turns out it was Gerry, trying to catch me up to ask me out! lol! I literally was running away from him. 🙂
2. How long have you known each other? We met briefly 30 years ago but didn’t get to know each other until later, and through dating…
3. How long after you met did you start dating? Over one year.
4. How long did you date before you were engaged? Do you really want to know – this is embarrassing. One month!! Psst – don’t tell my kids. 🙂
5. How long was your engagement? One year.
6. How long have you been married? In April, it will be 28 years. Gosh, I am old!
7. What is your anniversary? 7 April
8. How many people came to your wedding reception? 100 + – we wanted a small-ish wedding.
9. What kind of cake did you serve? OMG, I can’t really remember – two or three tiers and brown decorations, from memory, to fit in with the autumn theme.
10. Where was your wedding? Holy Rosary Church, Perth, Western Australia
11. What did you serve for your meal? A buffet dinner, altthough the wedding party was served. A mix of traditional foods ( hams, roast, etc) and Asian dishes ( stir fry, etc).Desserts – pavlova and fruit salad, plus cake, of course!
12. How many people were in your wedding party? Best man, maid of honour, two groomsmen, two bridesmaids, three flower girls…
13. Are you still friends with them all? Well, with some, but we don’t see any of them any more – live too far away.
14. Did your spouse cry during the ceremony? As if – neither of us cried.
15. Most special moment of your wedding day? The fun at the reception – we danced the night away. I was a big Sex Pistols fan and we and our uni friends were all doing the pogo. 🙂
16. Any funny moments? I told my dh off during the ceremony – he was messing around a bit and not being sensible! lol!
17. Any big disasters? We changed the venue and forgot to tell the photographer. 😦
18. Where did you go on your honeymoon? We didn’t – we were poor university students and had to be back at uni the next week. We did have one night away together, at a nice apartment near the beach..
19. How long were you gone? One night! lol!
20. If you were to do your wedding over, what would you change? I wasn’t Catholic and didn’t really see the significance of the Sacrament of Marriage – I even told my friends , when they said I was too young, that if it didn’t work out we could always divorce. 😦 So, I’d change myself. 🙂
21. What side of the bed do you sleep on?:Woah – private stuff here. 🙂 I always sleep on the side near the door.
22. What size is your bed? Queen sized.
23. Greatest strength as a couple? Only God knows. Our sense of fun? Although that also gets us into trouble.
24. Greatest challenge as a couple? Taking time out to talk.
25. Who literally pays the bills? We both work – me part time. I do the budget and bill paying.
26. What is your song? Well, we don’t have one, really. Dh has a Divinyls song as my ring tone on his mobile, for when I ring him.Not one I am sharing, though. 🙂
27. What did you dance your first dance to? At the wedding? A waltz and then the Sex Pistols..
28. Describe your wedding dress: Very simple, no frills, etc. I am not a frills person. Cream, not white.
29. What kind of flowers did you have at your wedding? Strelitzia and carnations in the church, I carried a prayer book ( my dh’s FHC missal, white leather) , adorned with carnations and the bridesmaids/flower girls carried small bouquets of carnations.
30. Are your wedding bands engraved? No, and mine was cut off during one pregnancy, when my fingers swelled with water retention.. 😦
31.How old were you when you were married? 19. My mum wanted us to live together and not get married….!!